RestorFlora™ PD is a gut recovery probiotic that may help patients maintain a healthy gut microbial composition during and after taking microbial disrupting medications. RestorFlora™ PD is a unique probiotic blend that maintains potency in the presence of certain medications that may disrupt the microbial environment, while simultaneously supporting functional wellness.
- Amount Per Serving
- Serving Size: 1 Capsule
- Servings Per Container: 21
- Suggested Use
- Ages 5+: First 7 days, take 2 capsules at the same time per day after a meal or as directed by your pharmacist. The following 7 days, take 1 capsule per day after a meal or as directed by your pharmacist for 7 days, Capsules can be opened and contents sprinkled on soft foods, water, juice or other non-carbonated beverages for easy consumption.
- Proprietary Probiotic Blend: 120 mg (3 Billion CFU)
- B. subtilis HU58
- B. coagulans (SC-208 HC)
- B. clausii (SC-109)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var boulardii (CNCM-I-1079): 250 mg (5 billion CFU)
- Other Ingredients
- Cellulose, vegetarian capsule (cellulose and water)
- Bacillus subtilis, HU58
- Bacillus subtilis (B. subtilis), HU58™ is a coveted probiotic strain clinically studied to support immune health, digestive function and gut microbial composition. In a clinical trial, researchers also discovered that HU58™ may support gut-associated immune function. In this study, participants consumed HU58™ daily for 8 weeks. Results indicated that this treatment reduced Interleukin 6 (IL-6) by 45% and Tumour necrosis factor α (TNF-α) by 55%. These molecules are known as inflammatory cytokines, and can contribute to poor gut mucosal health and digestion.
- Bacillus clausii (SC-109)
- Bacillus clausii may promote cytokine balance and supports the production of immunoglobulins. In a recent study involving 3,179 patients, researchers found that consuming B. clausii daily for 5-7 days supported digestive function. In fact, over half of those taking the probiotic experienced support for occassional diarrhea within 3 days. Acceptability of Bacillus clausii therapy was high.
- Bacillus coagulans (SC-208)
- B. coagulans, SC-208 is a probiotic bacteria responsible for lactic acid production - a function historically attributed only to Lactobacillus species. Lactic acid is a metabolite that promotes gut acidity and can reduce the abundance of unwanted microbial species. B. coagulans also supports gut health through its actions of the gut-associated lymphoid tissue, the largest immune site of the body. In fact, B. coagulans is clinically shown to support patients experiencing occasional digestive issues. Furthermore, a recent study found that using a combination of B. subtilis, HU58™ and B. coagulans SC-208 can support gut rebalancing following microbial disrupting medication treatment. This study utilized an in-vitro SHIME(R) model, which is a scientifically validated tool that mimics the human GI tract. First, the SHIME(R) simulator was inoculated with human gut bacteria and subsequently treated with gut microbial disrupting medication for 1 week. Once the disrupting medication treatment was complete, researchers supplemented the SHIME(R) with HU58™ + SC208 for 2 weeks. Results indicated that the probiotic treatment may help restore the microbial communities species, support gut barrier integrity and digestive function to a greater degree than the control model.
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae var boulardii (CNCM-I-1079)
- Saccharomyces boulardii (S. boulardii) is the world’s most renowned probiotic yeast and is clinically studied to support gut health following microbial disrupting medication therapy. Research suggests that S. boulardii’s mechanism of action includes promoting cytokine balance and may support immunoglobulin production.
- CAUTION: If you are pregnant or nursing, taking any medication, or have a medical condition, consult your doctor before using this product.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.