Reacted Iron includes high-concentration, gentle iron to support energy production and a variety of other protocols.
- Provides Safe, Highly Absorbed Iron for a Variety of ProtocolsHigh-Concentration Iron for Energy SupportSupports Oxygen Transport and Energy Production
- Iron is one of the most abundant minerals on earth. It is essential to the majority of life forms, especially human physiology. Iron supports prenatal and cognitive health, as well as energy balance.
Iron is an integral component of the proteins involved in oxygen transport and storage: hemoglobin, myoglobin and ferritin. Iron, as part of the protein hemoglobin, carries oxygen from the lungs to various parts of the body. Hemoglobin accounts for nearly two-thirds of the iron found in the body, and carries essential oxygen to tissues and organs. Approximately one-sixth of the body’s iron is stored as ferritin for use when dietary intake is not sufficient.
Iron must be maintained at balanced levels within the body – too much can cause toxicity and too little may lead to impairment of optimal health outcomes. Iron has to be carefully absorbed by the body. Interference can easily occur, making adequate consumption through diet and supplementation imperative to achieving a healthy balance.
Reacted Iron provides 29 mg of elemental iron per serving, ideally formulated using the amino acid chelate form of iron (ferrous bisglycinate) for enhanced absorption, optimal utilization and gastrointestinal (GI) comfort. Some individuals, who take other forms of iron supplements, may experience GI side effects, including gas, bloating, constipation or a combination of these symptoms. Supplementing the right form of iron can be key to maintaining healthy levels within the body and compliance to a supplement regimen.
1 capsule per day or as recommended by your health care professional
The importance of bioavailability is obvious. If consuming an iron supplement has little effect on improving the body’s iron balance, there is no reason to ingest it. Signs of inferior mineral supplements include the use of cheap, poorly absorbed, rocksalt minerals. Reacted Iron is formulated with the superior amino acid chelate form, ferrous bisglycinate, which does not ionize in the gut. Like heme iron (the most bioavailable form of iron found in some protein food sources), Ferrochel® Ferrous Bisglycinate is not impacted by dietary factors and is absorbed at a 59% higher rate than lesser forms, such as ferrous sulfate.
Comparison studies have shown significantly superior absorption of the iron chelate form compared to other rocksalt forms (most commonly ferrous sulfate):
- Ferrochel® iron shows absorption rates 59% higher than ferrous sulfate
- Ferrochel® iron is absorbed at a rate 3.8 times higher than ferrous sulfate
- Ferrochel® iron shows a reduced number of adverse complaints compared to ferrous sulfate
- No complaints of side effects were reported by subjects at 30 mg per serving"